Sagging skin, wrinkles, deep creases, and loose skin can all be improved with a facelift. This procedure tightens and removes excess facial skin for a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. Facelifts are popular; in 2013 it was the 5th most common cosmetic surgical procedure and the most popular procedure in the over-55 age group.
Do I Need a Facelift?
Many patients have questions about facelifts. Is it the right time? Am I a good candidate? Do I need a facelift? One of the best ways to determine if you’re ready for a facelift is to examine the benefits and decide if you’re ready for the procedure. Here are a few of the things a facelift can do for you.
- Improve mid-facial sagging (for mild to moderate sagging, consider Juvederm Voluma),
- Reduce deep creases under the eye,
- Reduce folds and creases (both nasolabial folds and marionette lines),
- Increase definition to the jawline, and
- Decrease sagging in the neck.
The ideal candidate for the procedure is typically between 40 and 70 years old in relatively good health. Health conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure don’t disqualify patients from treatment, but the conditions must be managed and under control. Dr. Lewis will discuss any qualifications for surgery with you and help you determine if you’re a good candidate for a facelift.
Facelift: On Their Own or with Another Procedure
Facelifts are often combined with other complementary procedures to further enhance your results. A facelift provides stunning results to the lower two thirds of the face, but does nothing to improve the forehead or eyes. If you’re considering a facelift, you may be interested in these procedures too:
- Blepharoplasty: Also called an eyelid lift, this treatment corrects aging around the eye. It can be performed on either the upper or lower eyelid (or both).
- Browlift: A browlift can tighten the skin on the forehead and can lift the brow into a more youthful position.
- Necklift: A moderate necklift is included as a part of most facelifts, but some patients may need additional treatment or lifting.
- Facial Fat Grafting: To restore youthful volume, fat grafting may be used. This treatment uses your own fat to restore volume and contours that have been lost with age.
Not Ready for a Facelift?
If you’re not quite ready for a facelift, but still want to rejuvenate your face, we’ve got options for you. Injectables like Juvederm Voluma and Botox are often a great solution for younger patients that want to tighten and lift skin. Talk with Dr. Lewis about your options.
If you’re ready for a younger looking face, come see Dr. Lewis. Call our offices to schedule your free consultation at 804-267-6009.