Losing weight is hard work, but you’ve finally done it. You’ve dropped those extra pounds and are now enjoying a lighter, healthier body. Congratulations! Unfortunately for many weight loss patients, the victory of losing weight is somewhat dimmed by the excess skin that remains. Finish your journey. Love your new body from head to toe. Cosmetic surgery following weight loss completes your weight loss journey.
Benefits of Surgery After Weight Loss
Losing a lot of weight is an achievement. Whether you opted for surgical assistance (bariatric surgery) or made big changes to diet and exercise habits, losing a substantial amount of weight takes a lot of effort, dedication, and self-control. Many patients wonder if cosmetic surgery is really needed. You feel better and you look better; do you really need surgery?
Cosmetic surgery after weight loss isn’t for everyone, but there are many benefits. Let’s take a look.
- Lose Those Last Pounds– That excess skin that remains after weight loss can weigh up to 30 pounds. Many patients lose an addition 5-7 pounds after body contouring surgery and some lose 20 pounds or more. Drop those last few pounds!
- Clothes Fit Better– Certain styles of clothing may be difficult to wear with excess skin. Body contouring surgery can open up the wardrobe possibilities and allow you to wear the clothing you dream of when you were heavier.
- Easier to Exercise– You’ve worked hard to lose that weight, now keep it off. Exercise is a wonderful tool for sustained weight loss. Removing excess skin can make it easier and more comfortable to exercise, helping you to stay your new size for years to come.
- More Comfortable– Excess skin can trap sweat and bacteria, sometimes causing odor. Many patients find they feel more comfortable after surgery.
- Achieve Your Ideal Body Shape– You’ve dreamed of your new body and cosmetic surgery can help make those dreams a reality. Achieve your ideal body shape!
What Surgeries Might I Need After Weight Loss?
If you’re interested in cosmetic surgery after weight loss, come see Dr. Lewis. He can work with you to create a customized surgical plan for your specific problem areas. Some surgeries that may be recommended include:
Embrace the new, thinner you. Call us today and ask about surgery after weight loss.