Are you ready for your breast augmentation? Before you go under the knife and get those perky, new implants make sure you’re ready. These simple do’s and don’ts will help you prepare for your procedure from choosing your surgeon until recovery is complete. With these tips as your guide you’ll be enjoying those gorgeous new breasts in no time at all.
Breast Augmentation Do’s
These breast augmentation do’s are a must for a successful surgery and comfortable recovery.
- Choose the Right Surgeon– Even with your best efforts, much of the success of your breast augmentation lies in the hands of your surgeon. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience doing breast augmentation. Ask to see photos of your surgeon’s work. The right surgeon will become your partner in achieving the breasts of your dreams; make the decision carefully. If you’re in Virginia or able to travel to us, Dr. Lewis is a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon that would love to help you with your implants.
- Ask Questions– Surely you have questions about breast augmentation; ask them. Asking questions will help you better prepare for your surgery and know what to expect. Dr. Lewis welcomes patient questions, whatever they may be. The old school adage, “There’s no such thing as a dumb question,” certainly applies here.
- Carefully Consider Implant Size– What size implants do you want? When you come in for your breast augmentation consultation Dr. Lewis will work with you closely to determine your ideal implant size. Choose carefully. Replacing your implants with a different size is possible if you want to make a change someday, but it is a lot easier to take your time with this decision and choose implants that you’ll find comfortable and flattering for years to come.
Breast Augmentation Don’ts
While there is much you can do to make for a successful breast augmentation, there are a few things you need to avoid. Steer clear of these don’ts for an easier augmentation process from start to finish.
- Don’t Hesitate to Contact Us– If at any point during your breast augmentation journey you have questions, get in touch. We are here for you to alleviate any concerns from your initial consultation until after you’ve healed. If something seems strange or if you’re worried about your healing, give us a call. We can only help you if we know what you’re worried about.
- Don’t Do Too Much Too Soon– While many patients find that breast augmentation recovery is relatively easy, it is still recovery. Take time to heal and don’t do too much too soon. We’ll give you detailed recovery instructions after your surgery to help you know what you should do and what you should avoid. Make sure you come to all of your follow up appointments so we can check your healing. For the best possible look after surgery don’t rush recovery.
- When You’re Ready, Don’t Wait- Many women dream of one day getting breast implants, but never take that next step and schedule a consultation. If you’re ready to get implants, give us a call. Take that next step toward breasts you’ll love.