Rocking a “dad bod” these days? You’re not alone. Many men struggle with concerns about their bodies as they age, and it’s something I treat with plastic surgery on a regular basis. If you’re looking for medical help shaping up your dad bod, you may want to consider liposuction paired with a tummy tuck at our Richmond, VA, area practice.
In this blog post, I’ll explain why this combination of procedures is an ideal fit for men looking to create a slimmer, more contoured midsection.
The Dad Bod
There are several reasons why maintaining a slim, fit body becomes more difficult for men over time. A few of the most common ones include:
- Age: Metabolism slows as we age, making it easier to gain weight and harder to lose it.
- Work responsibilities: As men move forward in their careers, their increasing responsibilities often leave them with more stress and less time to focus on fitness.
- Children: Taking care of kids also adds to stress and can make it difficult to consistently eat healthy meals.
Tummy tuck: This procedure is designed to address loose skin around the abdomen. It can help shape a flatter, tighter stomach area and is especially helpful for people who have lost skin elasticity over time.
Liposuction: Both classic tumescent liposuction and newer ultrasound-assisted liposuction involve the removal of stubborn fat deposits via suction. While it’s not a weight-loss procedure, it can help people who are within their ideal weight range achieve a more contoured appearance.
Benefits of Pairing the Procedures
Both liposuction and a tummy tuck can provide great solutions to dad bod concerns, but a combination of the 2 is especially effective. On top of a more dramatic overall result, a combined procedure offers benefits such as:
- A bigger confidence boost: Since more issues are addressed during the surgery, you’ll feel even more excited about your results.
- Shorter recovery time: You won’t have to go through additional weeks of downtime. Healing from 2 procedures within the same recovery period cuts down significantly on the days away from work, prescription medication usage, and recuperation time necessary for 2 separate surgeries.
- Cost efficiency: Procedures are less expensive when performed together, as they only require 1 set of associated fees. If you opt for separate surgeries, you will end up paying multiple rounds of fees for doctors, operating rooms, anesthesia, and optional overnight stays. It’s important to note that our practice makes it a priority to keep you informed of all costs upfront, so you’ll be clear on your responsibilities, no matter which route you choose.
If you would like to see examples of how body contouring procedures like liposuction with a tummy tuck at our Richmond, VA, area practice can help men specifically, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
To take the first step toward your best body, please contact us online or call (804) 267-6009 to request a consultation.